5 FOOD TO INCREASE FEMALE FERTILITY AND LIBIDO
About 15-20% of couples suffer from infertility and problems conceiving. According to the CDC, approximately 1 in 10 women will experience infertility. Infertility can be avoided, luckily, by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating nutritious food. Infertility can be because of PCOD, endometriosis, less egg count, hormonal issues. Eating healthy food, stretching out daily, maintaining a valid BMI, avoiding excess consumption of alcohol, quitting smoking can promote fertility and libido.
Five food to Increase Female Fertility and Libido are:
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants: Antioxidants deactivate the free radicals that are harmful to male and female gametes. Food rich in folate and zinc can improve both male and female fertility. Foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains are packed full of beneficial antioxidants like vitamins C and E, folate, beta carotene, and lutein.
- Eat more fiber: High fibrous foods like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and beans are advised to increase Fertility. The daily recommended intake of fiber for women is 25 grams per day and 31 grams for entrusted Sources. Fiber helps your body eliminate excess hormones and keeps blood sugar balanced. Certain fiber types can help remove excess estrogen by binding to it in the intestines. The extra estrogen is then removed from the body as a waste product.
- Eat fewer refined carbs: Food like sugary foods and drinks and processed grains, including white pasta, bread, and rice, contains refined carbs. They increase the insulin level and cause a high glycemic index. Consistent high insulin levels can cause the body to produce fewer reproductive hormones because it thinks it doesn’t need them. This can contribute to a lack of egg maturation and ovulation.
- Eating leafy greens, beans: Dark leafy greens such as spinach, romaine, arugula, and broccoli are rich in folate and vitamins. They are helpful in ovulation and increase a woman’s libido. Beans are a lean protein and are full of iron. Iron is essential for ovulation and also increases fertility and libido.
- Eating seaweeds, salmons: Seaweed is good for the liver, kidneys, bladder, and adrenals, which are vital to fertility health. Salmon is a good source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which acts as antioxidants and essential fatty acids proven to regulate blood flow to the reproductive organs.
Avoid a sugary diet, refined and processed carbohydrates, soy, and heavy alcohol consumption to be fertile and healthy. Stay Fit and active, eat less spicy and oily food, eat healthy fats, and lean meats. Eat more vegetables and fruits to stay not only fertile but also healthy. Add multivitamins, calcium to your diet. Cut out caffeine. For more information, visit Dr. Meenakshi Sauhta. She is a good gynaecologist in Gurgaon. Book your appointment now and get counseled for your infertility problems.