It’s normal to experience these symptoms after an abortion
I see so many cases in which pregnancy, complications arise due to which it is necessary to have an abortion. It is a procedure in which the fetus is removed from the womb with the help of medicines or surgery. This time is difficult for any woman and their family members. During this time women need special care both physically and mentally. So, let’s get to understand what kind of care a woman needs after an abortion. Also, in this blog, I have tried to give almost every piece of information related to physical and mental changes in women after abortion.
Let me first tell you what symptoms are felt after miscarriage.
It is normal to experience these symptoms after an abortion
Women undergo some physical symptoms after undergoing an abortion, which is normal. These symptoms can be as follows:
- Heavy or light bleeding from the vulva
- stomach ache
- Feeling heat and cold
- Breast pain
- Emotional change
Post-abortion symptoms are not uniform for every woman. In some cases, these may be higher than normal. In such a situation it is necessary to see a gynecologist immediately.
How long will it take to recover fully after the abortion?
The timing of complete recovery from abortion depends on the condition of each woman. Also, it depends on which week of pregnancy the abortion is performed. The longer the pregnancy, the longer it will take to recover from the abortion. In some cases, it also depends on which medium of abortion is chosen. Abortions done with the help of medicines cause more pain and are less effective. At the same time, abortions performed with the help of a vacuum are more effective. For more information in this regard, a doctor should be consulted once.
What to do if you feel weakness after abortion?
Bleeding occurs after miscarriage, due to which weakness and fatigue are common. In such a situation, a woman needs to take care of herself, such as:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Do not carry any heavy items.
- Exercise a little under the doctor’s supervision.
- Whenever you feel more tired, relax.
Let me explain how a woman can take care of herself after an abortion.
How to take care of yourself after miscarriage or abortion?
Keeping the following things in mind, a woman can take care of herself after an abortion:
- Rest when you feel tired.
- Do not panic with normal bleeding.
- Pain killers can be taken by talking to a doctor for mild abdominal pain.
- Change pads every four to six hours.
- Keep the vulva and its surroundings clean.
- If you do not want to conceive again, use contraceptives such as condoms, etc. while having sex.
- Periodically get your doctor checked.
- Take care of physical and mental health equally.
It is also important to take care of your food after a miscarriage. Information related to this is given in the next part of the blog.
What to eat after Abortion?
- Take iron-rich food like Peas, Beans, Soybean, Fish, Whole grain bread, Oatmeal, Raisins, Apricot, Peanut, Spinach, Beetroot, etc.
- Take Vitamin C in your diet like Oranges, Grapes, Strawberry, Broccoli, Kiwi, Tomatoes, etc.
- Magnesium like Banana, Avocado, Almonds, Cashew, Pomegranates, Milk, etc.
When to get a doctor’s check after an abortion?
After miscarriage, get the doctor examined as soon as you realize the below-mentioned problems:
- In case of heavy bleeding for two consecutive days.
- In case of high fever.
- Feeling sleepy or fainting.
- To be under guard
- Defecation or vomiting.
- Stinky discharge from the vulva.
How many days after the abortion does the period come?
There is no definite time for normal menstruation to begin after medical abortion. These can start at any time between four to eight weeks. However, if the abortion is performed surgically, it may take four to six weeks for the periods to begin, also, be aware that like pregnancy, not all abortion conditions are the same. In such a situation, if the periods do not come normally even after eight weeks, then please consult a doctor about this.
After the abortion, spouses are often skeptical about having a physical relationship.